Our hotel Environmental policy, last amended January 2022.
Auckland Rose Park Hotel recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Ramon James – Hotel Manager is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Install LED energy saving light fittings were possible
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- Place as many energy saving time clocks as possible to equipment & lighting
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community..
Popular with both business and leisure travellers, our accommodation in Parnell, Auckland offers accommodation in various configurations with tasteful and comfortable furnishings and décor.View All Rooms
Great stay! Always a great stay. Staff are awesome and so accommodating. We needed our babys bottle heated up and the reception was more than happy to do this for us no matter what time of day it was. Made our stay a pleasant one and took away my
Comfortable bed. Staff obliging. Very pleased with service and customer support
Very enjoyable, Room good, location excellent, food excellent, staff helpful and friendly
Location was good and breakfast. Kids like the swimming pool
Easy parking, good breakfast, comfy bed and friendly staff
Will stay again! Excellent location, great staff and good and clean! A bit dated, doesn't matter though cleanliness location and staff make up for it
Staff are super helpful, and room was beautifully clean and spacious. Very comfy beds and lovely and warm. Had a lovely breakfast each morning at the buffet and the breakfast staff were excellent at making sure everything was topped up. Easy walk
Great accommodation in Auckland, much better than fancy hotels or anonymous apartments. Excellent Motel. An old lady who shows her age a bit but that doesn't matter at all. Very clean and 2 big comfortable beds in the room. Everything you need
I'll be back!!!! Located next to the Parnell Rose Gardens. Great value with free Parking. Many SKY Tv channels in room. Great VALUE!!
Breakfast buffet, parking, location